RECAP: Norwich City U23s 4 Aston Villa U23s 2
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
The floodlights were on at Carrow Road this evening as Norwich City Under-23s took on Aston Villa in Premier League Two.
The young Canaries faced Villa's U23s in a 7pm kick-off, with both teams having made a good start to the season in Division Two.
City's youngsters recently saw head coach David Wright depart for a first-team role at MK Dons but have won two of their opening three games to sit fifth in the early table, with the visitors second on seven points from a possible nine.
An Abu Kamara hat-trick earned a 3-0 win at Southampton but that was followed by a 1-0 Carrow Road loss to Stoke three weeks ago.
Kamara was on target against in a 4-3 win at Sunderland, alongside Tom Dickson-Peters, Tony Springett and Jonathan Tomkinson - with US defender Tomkinson nominated for PL2 Player of the Month after scoring the late winner, having, been involved with the first team during pre-season.
Coached by former Wales and Villa right-back Mark Delaney, the young Villans beat Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough in their opening PL2 games before drawing with Fulham but also won 3-1 away to League One side Wycombe in the EFL Trophy last week.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 NCFC LIVE: Canaries in Premier League action at Everton
- 3 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 4 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 5 STARTING XIs: Two changes for City at Everton
- 6 Robin Sainty: Not the reaction City boss hoped for...
- 7 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 8 Hanley will answer City critics
- 9 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 10 Farke on why half measures will not do against Benitez