WATCH: Pink Un Matchday Highlights – Michael Bailey, Alex Neil, Jacob Murphy, Mick McCarthy, The Guardian Football Weekly’s Paul MacInnes, Norwich City’s supporters and more give their views on Norwich City’s Ipswich Town draw
- Credit: Archant
Pink Un Matchday returns to Carrow Road, as the crew review Norwich City’s East Anglian derby draw with Ipswich Town.
Filmed from outside Carrow Road, Michael Bailey is joined by Radio Norwich’s Stuart Hodge, East Anglian Daily Times’ Ipswich Town correspondent Stuart Watson and The Guardian Football Weekly’s Paul MacInnes to review the Canaries’ 1-1 East Anglian derby draw 5-1 win arch rivals Ipswich Town.
City manager Alex Neil and Town boss Mick McCarthy give their press conference verdicts, while Canaries goalscorer Jacob Murphy speaks to Michael following his derby goal.
• The Pink Un Show returns on Wednesday at 8pm. If you want to call in or get involved in any of our features, just send an email to email@example.com
And Michael then heads to the pub, to get the immediate reaction of the Norwich City supporters that have just left Carrow Road.
City’s draw leaves them six points off the top six, but it could have been worse after Jonas Knudsen put Ipswich ahead in the second half. Town were also unlucky not to be awarded a first-half penalty.
You may also want to watch:
However, on the balance of chances City really should have won the game – be it leading at the interval or going on to take all three points following Murphy’s equaliser.
Next up for Norwich is a crucial game at Hillsborough on Saturday, where anything other than victory over six-placed Sheffield Wednesday could realistically end the Canaries’ play-off hopes (3pm). The two sides shared a goalless draw in the first game at Carrow Road this season, back in August.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat