MATCHDAY RECAP: Boxing Day dampener for Canaries at Watford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's run of consecutive victories came to an abrupt halt as they were beaten 1-0 by Watford. You can recap all the action in our matchday blog below.
Ismalia Sarr's first-half strike proved to be the difference between the sides and gifted Xisco Munoz his first win in charge of the Hornets.
Both sides were relegated from the Premier League last season but both currently sit in the top six at Christmas. The Hornets start to life back in the second-tier wasn't enough for Vladimir Ivic to keep his job and he was sacked earlier this week.
Munoz, who was managing Dinamo Tbilisi in the Georgian top-flight, was appointed as Ivic's successor last Sunday. The Spaniard has only managed 11 games in his coaching career, but had spells as an assistant manager.
Watford have underperformed considering the substantial amount of quality they possess in their ranks. Despite their league ranking, Ivic's dismissal came as unrest was growing around the standard of their performances.
The Canaries travel to Vicarage Road full of confidence and boosted by the return of defender Ben Gibson, although Tim Krul has been ruled out of action once again.
Daniel Farke's side sat top of the tree at Christmas after their impressive form in the league. Farke is adamant that his side won't get complacent as the fixtures continue to come thick and fast.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- Recap the action live via our live blog above