- Credit: Archant
A sublime Euro 2004 aside, England’s biggest name has continually flopped on the major stage in a white shirt.
He may be on his way to eclipsing Sir Bobby Charlton’s record of 49 England goals (Rooney has 38) but he needs a fine display this summer to be considered an international great.
Injuries and ill-discipline have affected him on the grandest stage.
Surely now is the time for ‘Wazza’ to shine.
• Country: England
You may also want to watch:
• Position: Forward
• Age: 28
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
• Current club: Manchester United