We can still catch Norwich, insists Boothroyd
Aidy Boothroyd admitted his Colchester United side made 'silly errors' against City - but believes Colchester can still catch is old club. 'The bottom line is that we gave away four daft goals and you can't do that against a team that has one of the best goalscoring records in the league,' said the Us' boss, a former Academy coach at City.
Aidy Boothroyd admitted his Colchester United side made “silly errors” against City - but believes Colchester can still catch is old club.
“The bottom line is that we gave away four daft goals and you can't do that against a team that has one of the best goalscoring records in the league,” said the Us' boss, a former Academy coach at City.
“I don't mind losing to a better side or to a wonder goal, but we didn't take our chances when we had our dominance in the first half, and if you make silly errors this is what happens.
“We can still catch Norwich. There are 22 games left and that's an awful lot of points to play for.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a lot of hype and excitement before the game, but there's a way to win and there's a way to lose, so I'm disappointed and a little shell-shocked.
“Now is not the time to rant and rave. It's a time to wipe our mouths and have a period of reflection.”
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
Colchester enjoyed their biggest home league crowd - 10,064 - for more than 40 years against Norwich.
“I'm disappointed for the people who turned up,” added Boothroyd.
“We had a really good crowd and there's been a lot of hype around it, but in the second half we got what we deserved.”