“A week is a long time in football” – Weary performance against impressive Wolves worries Canaries fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The international break can’t come soon enough for Norwich City.
Daniel Farke’s weary side were over-run by slick promotion hopefuls Wolverhampton Wanderers at Carrow Road on Tuesday night, losing a second home game in the space of four days.
Wolves survived Marley Watkins heading against the post for the Canaries early on to take the lead in the 18th minute when Willy Boly headed home a corner from close range.
The hosts battled to stay in the game but lacked cohesion and quality, with the rigours of their recent nine-game unbeaten run again looking to have caught up with them and Leo Bonatini doubled the visitors’ lead in the 72nd minute with a thumping low shot.
With former City favourites John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both making returns since their summer exits, Nuno Espirito Santo’s expensively assembled squad reclaimed top spot in the Championship table.
You may also want to watch:
After a third successive defeat, Farke now has to rally his troops for a trip to Bolton on Saturday ahead of the break.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know