Webb and Glover quit as Lynn win

Vauxhall Motors 1, King's Lynn 3MANAGER Keith Webb and assistant Lee Glover have quit King's Lynn.Immediately after this game it was announced that the pair would be terminating their association with the club forthwith.

Vauxhall Motors 1, King's Lynn 3

MANAGER Keith Webb and assistant Lee Glover have quit King's Lynn.

Immediately after this game it was announced that the pair would be terminating their association with the club forthwith.

The Linnets have, subject to appeal, been relegated from the Blue Square North Conference.

The team was held up by an horrific accident on the M56 causing a late arrival for this game in Merseyside.

Lynn got off to the perfect start as after just two minutes when Scott Mitchell played a through ball for ADAM SMITH to move through a static defence and slot the ball past keeper Jamie Coates.

Most Read

For the Motormen Chris Noone and Tom Field almost replicated the move at the other end but Field's through-ball had just too much pace for the full-back.

On 12 minutes Vauxhall's Field worked a good shooting opportunity for the Motormen's skipper Mattie Burke but his powerful effort from some 25 yards just cleared Howie's bar.

An error by Crane let in Noone to cross low from the byline only for a Vauxhall forward to miss an open goal before the Lynn defence scrambled the ball clear.

Lynn responded with a move down their left ending with Smith crossing to the back post where Coates just beat Jack Defty to the ball as he punched clear.

At the other end Field tried a shot but dragged his effort well wide of Howie's goal.

Jack Defty then tested Coates with a hard shot on the turn having received the ball from Graham. The keeper blocked the ball with no Lynn forward for a possible tap-in.

On 28 minutes the Motormen had to make a change with Egerton having to replace Chris Noone who had received an injury.

When the Motormen tried a long throw routine the Lynn defence coped well and cleared easily. By the half hour play was beginning to be of the lack-lustre, end-of-season variety in the warm spring sunshine.

However, as Lynn tried to enliven things Jack Defty found Graham who in turn moved the ball to Joachim who got in a shot on target. Tom Hannigan was quickly across to a good saving block for the home side.

Next it was Graham and Joachim combining to set up Mitchell for the shot on target but it was straight at Coates who saved.

Vauxhall's Tom Field then found his way into referee Haywood's notebook for dissent.

On 36 minutes the Motormen levelled when KARL NOON put Furlong galloping down the right and then moved into the box to head home the winger's pin-point cross from five yards, giving Howie no chance.

From the kick-off Jack Defty almost broke clear for Lynn but the ball was blocked for a corner, the first of the game. From Smith's kick JACK DEFTY rose superbly to plant a firm header past Coates who had no chance.

At this time Vauxhall were forced to make their second substitution with Field being carried off on a stretcher. It would be their last possible substitution as they only had two nominated on the team sheet.

Fisk on 42 minutes was cautioned for a foul tackle to become the second player in referee Haywood's notebook. From the long free-kick Howie dived to save a low shot from centre forward Karl Noon.

Half-time: Vauxhall Motors 1, King's Lynn 2

Half-time saw Lynn make a change with Dominic Dwyer replacing Julian Joachim. The substitute was immediately cautioned for a foul on Jordan Holmes. He next came into the action with a knock-down which saw Scott Mitchell try a long shot which however failed to test keeper Coates.

He then tried to cut inside his full back for an attempt on goal, the ball being deflected for a corner. But Smith's kick was a poor one passing all players and going out.

Next Vauxhall skipper Matty Burke was cautioned for dissent. On 55 minutes Lynn made a further substitution, replacing Jack Defty with Kris Renton.

Five minutes later they made their third and final substitution of the afternoon with Ross Kelly replacing Scott Mitchell.

Kelly was straight away into the action having a great opportunity, finding himself clear of the defence but scuffed his shot.

Just after the hour mark Vauxhall forced their own first corner but Holden's flag-kick was easily dealt with by the Lynn defence.

The Linnets now spurned two shooting opportunities when Smith and Dwyer both missed when well placed.

Vauxhall almost worked a chance when Noon crossed to Jordan Holmes whose attempt was inches too high.

A long free-kick caused the Lynn defence problems as Noon got in a header at the back post which Peters had to hack away from off the line.

When Smith was brought up for a foul Holden played the ball in only for home centre half Griffiths to head wide.

Lynn increased their advantage in the 75th minute from a ball played up from midfield Dominic Dwyer in turn played in ROSS KELLY who easily beat Coates from 12 yards.

The response from Vauxhall saw Howie produce a finger-tip save from a cross/shot from Field after he had been set up by Burke. The corner was once again easily dealt with.

As the ball was played out Kelly broke forward to force a corner for the Linnets. Taken by Smith Bradley Thomas was able to get in a bouncing shot which was hooked off the Motormen's goal line by Tom Hannigan.

Griffiths then had to leave the field for a time with a blood injury after clashing with Dwyer as he moved in on goal, the Motormen having to play with 10 men for a while until he recovered and was able to rejoin the play.

A cross from Kelly gave Renton a chance but his effort well wide. The home side's final flurry saw Holmes put in a telling cross for Holden to head inches wide of the far post as Howie scrambled across his charge.

Lynn's final attack of the season came from Kelly who made a good run down the right flank and put in a good low cross but the defenders blocked.

Final score: Vauxhall Motors 1, King's Lynn 3

King's Lynn: Howie, Graham, Smith, Peters (capt), Thomas, Camm, Fisk, Mitchell, Jack Defty, Joachim, Crane. Subs: Dwyer, Renton, Kelly, Charlie Defty, Murray.

Vauxhall Motors: Coates, Noone, Dames, Hannigan, Griffiths, Holmes, Holden, Berk, Noon, Field, Furlong. Subs: Egerton, Macauley.

Ref: Mr K Haywood (Stoke-on-Trent).