Well-earned point for Wymondham Ladies
Wymondham Ladies hosted Hethersett in what is always a hard-fought game, and this was no different.
Both teams started at a high tempo and Hethersett took control, but Wymondham matched them.
Wymondham then stepped it up and started playing some very good football, especially in midfield, sculptured by Laura, Woody and Gemms for Lois and Louise to get in down the wings with chances falling to Louise, Nat, Gemma and Helen during the first half but Wymondham couldn’t capitalise on long periods of pressure.
Half time score 1-1.
The second half started quickly, with both teams looking for a goal, but it was Hethersett who scored first, Hannah Waters skipping past a couple of challenges and smashing the ball into the far corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With only 25 minutes left, Wymondham upped their game and made chances, falling to Laura, Natalie, Gemma, Lois and Woody but the ball just wouldn’t go in the net.
Wymondham continued to battle and their goal came 3minutes into injury time when Lois’ corner was helped into the goal by the keeper to equalise.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
Within 60 seconds of the restart, Gemma had a shot stopped superbly by the keeper and the final score was 1-1, a well-earned point which now means Wymondham have picked up seven points from their last available 12.
Player of the match: Lois Tierney (pictured), who has also picked up January’s Player of the Month.