Well-earned point for Wymondham Ladies
Wymondham Ladies hosted Hethersett in what is always a hard-fought game, and this was no different.
Both teams started at a high tempo and Hethersett took control, but Wymondham matched them.
Wymondham then stepped it up and started playing some very good football, especially in midfield, sculptured by Laura, Woody and Gemms for Lois and Louise to get in down the wings with chances falling to Louise, Nat, Gemma and Helen during the first half but Wymondham couldn’t capitalise on long periods of pressure.
Half time score 1-1.
The second half started quickly, with both teams looking for a goal, but it was Hethersett who scored first, Hannah Waters skipping past a couple of challenges and smashing the ball into the far corner of the net.
With only 25 minutes left, Wymondham upped their game and made chances, falling to Laura, Natalie, Gemma, Lois and Woody but the ball just wouldn’t go in the net.
Wymondham continued to battle and their goal came 3minutes into injury time when Lois’ corner was helped into the goal by the keeper to equalise.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 3 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 4 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 5 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 6 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 7 City more together than some think - Webber
- 8 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 9 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 10 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
Within 60 seconds of the restart, Gemma had a shot stopped superbly by the keeper and the final score was 1-1, a well-earned point which now means Wymondham have picked up seven points from their last available 12.
Player of the match: Lois Tierney (pictured), who has also picked up January’s Player of the Month.