“Well that was painful” – Norwich City fans left annoyed by drab performance in 0-0 draw with Burton Albion
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Frustration returned for Norwich City at tonight as Daniel Farke’s side were held to a 0-0 home draw by struggling Burton Albion.
An under-whelming first half saw City struggle to cause Burton real problems, with Josh Murphy’s thumping shot from 25 yards in the 20th minute the closest the hosts came to a breakthrough.
Canaries skipper Ivo Pinto then had to clear off the line from Joe Mason early in the second half. Wes Hoolahan tried to force the issue in the 58th minute and forced keeper Stephen Bywater to spectacularly tip over his 25-yard shot.
The Irishman’s defence-splitting pass sent Murphy through soon after but the winger was thwarted by Bywater’s legs from six yards and the closest the hosts came to a winner was Nelson Oliveira firing into the side-netting in the 73rd minute – on a very poor night.
The Canaries return to action with a difficult looking trip to Sheffield United on Saturday, who notched up their fourth successive league game last night, winning 1-0 at Bolton.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the reaction from fans above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley