Wensum Albion 0, Blofield A 1
Albion were back to league duty after a poor performance and disappointing exit from the Shoe Trades Cup last week.
Albion started brightly using the wind to their advantage pressing the away side.
A number of Mark Leeper corners troubled the Blofield defence, midfielder Martin seeing a headed chance go over the bar and missing another opportunity soon after.
Albion striker Pete Gorbould had a shot well saved by the impressive Blofield keeper. At the other end the Albion defence held firm and dealt effectively with any Blofield attacks.
Albion expected a tough 45 in the second half playing against the strong breeze but again took the game to the away side but couldn’t convert in a number of goalmouth scrambles.
You may also want to watch:
Blofield took the lead when a well-hit shot from outside the box was parried by Albion keeper Chard only to see a Blofield forward quickest to react and poke the ball home.
Albion went close to grabbing an equaliser, Gorbould seeing a shot hit the bar with the Blofield keeper denying Leeper with a fine save.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
Despite dominating for large periods of the match Albion failed to take any points from the game although the performance was a definite improvement on the previous week.