Wensum Albion 1, Homecare 6
The first home game of the season saw Albion host a Homecare side relegated from Division One.
The away side looked to control the game early on and took the lead within ten minutes with a side footed shot eluding Chard in the Albion goal.
Albion battled through the half with their best chance falling to Adam Jarrett who saw his goalbound effort tipped over the bar after good work from Leeper on the left.
Homecare scored two more before the break as Albion looked disjointed for periods of the game, keeper Chard making two solid save to keep the score down.
A formation change at half-time allowed Albion to start playing more fluent football but were still made to pay for lapses in concentration as Homecare scored their fourth early in the half.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Jarrett eventually got himself on the scoresheet on 60 minutes when put through, calmly lifting the ball over the advancing keeper and into an empty net.
Two further goals late in the game meant it was a day to forget for Wensum who will look to make amends in the reverse fixture next week.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies