Wensum Albion 1, Homecare 6
The first home game of the season saw Albion host a Homecare side relegated from Division One.
The away side looked to control the game early on and took the lead within ten minutes with a side footed shot eluding Chard in the Albion goal.
Albion battled through the half with their best chance falling to Adam Jarrett who saw his goalbound effort tipped over the bar after good work from Leeper on the left.
Homecare scored two more before the break as Albion looked disjointed for periods of the game, keeper Chard making two solid save to keep the score down.
A formation change at half-time allowed Albion to start playing more fluent football but were still made to pay for lapses in concentration as Homecare scored their fourth early in the half.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Jarrett eventually got himself on the scoresheet on 60 minutes when put through, calmly lifting the ball over the advancing keeper and into an empty net.
Two further goals late in the game meant it was a day to forget for Wensum who will look to make amends in the reverse fixture next week.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City