Wensum Albion 1, Homecare 6
The first home game of the season saw Albion host a Homecare side relegated from Division One.
The away side looked to control the game early on and took the lead within ten minutes with a side footed shot eluding Chard in the Albion goal.
Albion battled through the half with their best chance falling to Adam Jarrett who saw his goalbound effort tipped over the bar after good work from Leeper on the left.
Homecare scored two more before the break as Albion looked disjointed for periods of the game, keeper Chard making two solid save to keep the score down.
A formation change at half-time allowed Albion to start playing more fluent football but were still made to pay for lapses in concentration as Homecare scored their fourth early in the half.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Jarrett eventually got himself on the scoresheet on 60 minutes when put through, calmly lifting the ball over the advancing keeper and into an empty net.
Two further goals late in the game meant it was a day to forget for Wensum who will look to make amends in the reverse fixture next week.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat