Wensum Albion 1, Newton Flotman Reserves 0
In yet another must win game Albion welcomed Newton Flotman Reserves to Thorpe High School.
The away side applied the pressure from kick-off seeing more of the ball but failing to test Chard in the Albion goal.
Gorbould saw a half-chance go begging for the hosts as Albion struggled to cause problems going forward. Despite this, the team battled and defended superbly well, limiting Newton Flotman to half chances.
The second half saw the game open up with both sides looking to break the deadlock.
The only goal of the game came when a great cross from Taylor was headed home by Avenell from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Albion again had to defend effectively to snuff out the away sides attacks.
Jenner saw an opportunity go wide for Albion late on with the keeper struggling to cover his goalmouth. Newton Flotman enjoyed most of the possession but solid defending allowed Albion to keep only their second clean sheet of the season.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat