Wensum Albion 1, Sprowston Beehive 4
Another solid first half performance but yet again another defeat for Albion who failed to kill off a match that was there to be won.
Albion started the brighter team and threatened in attack. The pressure paid off when Pete Gorbould was fouled in the area resulting in a penalty to the home team. Mark Leeper stepped up to bury the spot kick.
Albion again pushed to double their advantage, Bowes-Shorten seeing an effort narrowly miss the target and Leeper guilty of volleying over the bar from close range.
Against the run of play Sprowston scored an equaliser when a long range effort sailed over the Albion keeper and into the net.
After the break Sprowston started to create chances but Albion held strong in defence helped out by the aerial dominance of Andy Rochford.
You may also want to watch:
Sprowston did make the breakthrough when a cross floated in to the back of the goal.
Substitute Den Slowther looked to make an instant impact for Albion but it was 3-1 seconds later from another well-hit long range effort.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 3 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021
- 4 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 9 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 10 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
Despite their best efforts Albion failed to get back in to the game, conceding one more before the final whistle.