Wensum Albion 1, Sprowston Beehive 4
Another solid first half performance but yet again another defeat for Albion who failed to kill off a match that was there to be won.
Albion started the brighter team and threatened in attack. The pressure paid off when Pete Gorbould was fouled in the area resulting in a penalty to the home team. Mark Leeper stepped up to bury the spot kick.
Albion again pushed to double their advantage, Bowes-Shorten seeing an effort narrowly miss the target and Leeper guilty of volleying over the bar from close range.
Against the run of play Sprowston scored an equaliser when a long range effort sailed over the Albion keeper and into the net.
After the break Sprowston started to create chances but Albion held strong in defence helped out by the aerial dominance of Andy Rochford.
Sprowston did make the breakthrough when a cross floated in to the back of the goal.
Substitute Den Slowther looked to make an instant impact for Albion but it was 3-1 seconds later from another well-hit long range effort.
- 1 'It's something' - Fans react to City's point at Wolves
- 2 WOLVES 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Wolves 1-1 Norwich City
- 4 Robin Sainty: The current situation at Norwich City is toxic
- 5 City winger Springett on Ireland youth team radar
- 6 Follow live updates from Wolves v Norwich City
- 7 Former City star's wife tells of player's devastating dementia battle
- 8 City boss in the market for another 'Buendia-style' creative spark
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Let's make sure we're Norwich City united!
- 10 Ex-Canary Whittaker excited for Fleetwood assistant role
Despite their best efforts Albion failed to get back in to the game, conceding one more before the final whistle.