Wensum Albion 1, Sprowston Beehive 4
Another solid first half performance but yet again another defeat for Albion who failed to kill off a match that was there to be won.
Albion started the brighter team and threatened in attack. The pressure paid off when Pete Gorbould was fouled in the area resulting in a penalty to the home team. Mark Leeper stepped up to bury the spot kick.
Albion again pushed to double their advantage, Bowes-Shorten seeing an effort narrowly miss the target and Leeper guilty of volleying over the bar from close range.
Against the run of play Sprowston scored an equaliser when a long range effort sailed over the Albion keeper and into the net.
After the break Sprowston started to create chances but Albion held strong in defence helped out by the aerial dominance of Andy Rochford.
You may also want to watch:
Sprowston did make the breakthrough when a cross floated in to the back of the goal.
Substitute Den Slowther looked to make an instant impact for Albion but it was 3-1 seconds later from another well-hit long range effort.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
Despite their best efforts Albion failed to get back in to the game, conceding one more before the final whistle.