Wensum Albion 2, Hockering 2
Albion hosted recently promoted Hockering looking to pick up their first points of the season.
Albion were up for the game from the start and pressed the opposition deep in to their own half forcing a number of free kicks and corners that Gorbould delivered well.
However, it was Hockering who took the lead, converting a rather fortunate penalty after the ref adjudged that a push had taken place in the Albion area.
Albion had chances of their own as Rochford saw a shot tipped round the post but again it was the away side that doubled their advantage with a well-taken header as Albion switched off at the back.
Albion were awarded a penalty of their own later in the half but Philo fired wide as the home side saw themselves unlucky to go into the break two goals down.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was more open and Albion worked hard to get back into the game and were rewarded when a Philo free kick swerved to beat the keeper and give the home side some hope.
In an exciting end to the game Albion were awarded a free kick that Gorbould delivered and in a goalmouth scramble Rochford nodded home the equaliser from close range to wrap up a deserved point for Albion.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
Special mention must go to stand in keeper Jamie Allison who dealt with any Hockering pressure and put in a solid performance.