Wensum Albion 2, Hockering 2
Albion hosted recently promoted Hockering looking to pick up their first points of the season.
Albion were up for the game from the start and pressed the opposition deep in to their own half forcing a number of free kicks and corners that Gorbould delivered well.
However, it was Hockering who took the lead, converting a rather fortunate penalty after the ref adjudged that a push had taken place in the Albion area.
Albion had chances of their own as Rochford saw a shot tipped round the post but again it was the away side that doubled their advantage with a well-taken header as Albion switched off at the back.
Albion were awarded a penalty of their own later in the half but Philo fired wide as the home side saw themselves unlucky to go into the break two goals down.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was more open and Albion worked hard to get back into the game and were rewarded when a Philo free kick swerved to beat the keeper and give the home side some hope.
In an exciting end to the game Albion were awarded a free kick that Gorbould delivered and in a goalmouth scramble Rochford nodded home the equaliser from close range to wrap up a deserved point for Albion.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
Special mention must go to stand in keeper Jamie Allison who dealt with any Hockering pressure and put in a solid performance.