Wensum Albion 2, Jarrolds 4
Despite a three point gap from the relegation places and a far superior goal difference, Albion were still keen to end the season on a high against third-placed Jarrolds.
An even first 20 minutes saw few clear cut chances created by either side, Jenner and Gorbould firing wide from distance for the home side. Jarrolds took the lead midway through the half Lee Farrow putting the ball in to his own net after a pull back from the byline.
Albion pressed the opposition and were back on level terms after good work from Jenner and Avenall saw Pete Gorbould free in the area who fired home. The lead lasted just 15 seconds when the Jarrolds forward was gifted the ball on the edge of the box, finishing well to take a 2-1 lead into half-time.
Albion looked more threatening in the second half as the game opened up, Jack Himplman seeing two good chances go begging. At the other end Albion keeper Tim Hales made some fine saves from close range and Nick Mackenzie cleared the ball off the line in a goalmouth scramble.
Hales was beaten on the hour mark, a lobbed shot evading the keeper and Jarrolds made it 4-1 soon after.
You may also want to watch:
With time running out Albion gave themselves a lifeline when sub Sam Littleboy fired a powerful shot from long range, the keeper having no chance of making the save. It was too little too late though and like many games this season the result didn’t quite reflect the performance.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City