Wensum Albion 2, Jarrolds 4
Despite a three point gap from the relegation places and a far superior goal difference, Albion were still keen to end the season on a high against third-placed Jarrolds.
An even first 20 minutes saw few clear cut chances created by either side, Jenner and Gorbould firing wide from distance for the home side. Jarrolds took the lead midway through the half Lee Farrow putting the ball in to his own net after a pull back from the byline.
Albion pressed the opposition and were back on level terms after good work from Jenner and Avenall saw Pete Gorbould free in the area who fired home. The lead lasted just 15 seconds when the Jarrolds forward was gifted the ball on the edge of the box, finishing well to take a 2-1 lead into half-time.
Albion looked more threatening in the second half as the game opened up, Jack Himplman seeing two good chances go begging. At the other end Albion keeper Tim Hales made some fine saves from close range and Nick Mackenzie cleared the ball off the line in a goalmouth scramble.
Hales was beaten on the hour mark, a lobbed shot evading the keeper and Jarrolds made it 4-1 soon after.
You may also want to watch:
With time running out Albion gave themselves a lifeline when sub Sam Littleboy fired a powerful shot from long range, the keeper having no chance of making the save. It was too little too late though and like many games this season the result didn’t quite reflect the performance.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round