Wensum Albion 2, Jarrolds 4
Despite a three point gap from the relegation places and a far superior goal difference, Albion were still keen to end the season on a high against third-placed Jarrolds.
An even first 20 minutes saw few clear cut chances created by either side, Jenner and Gorbould firing wide from distance for the home side. Jarrolds took the lead midway through the half Lee Farrow putting the ball in to his own net after a pull back from the byline.
Albion pressed the opposition and were back on level terms after good work from Jenner and Avenall saw Pete Gorbould free in the area who fired home. The lead lasted just 15 seconds when the Jarrolds forward was gifted the ball on the edge of the box, finishing well to take a 2-1 lead into half-time.
Albion looked more threatening in the second half as the game opened up, Jack Himplman seeing two good chances go begging. At the other end Albion keeper Tim Hales made some fine saves from close range and Nick Mackenzie cleared the ball off the line in a goalmouth scramble.
Hales was beaten on the hour mark, a lobbed shot evading the keeper and Jarrolds made it 4-1 soon after.
You may also want to watch:
With time running out Albion gave themselves a lifeline when sub Sam Littleboy fired a powerful shot from long range, the keeper having no chance of making the save. It was too little too late though and like many games this season the result didn’t quite reflect the performance.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies