Wensum Albion 2, Loddon ‘A’ 1
A real six pointer at the bottom of Division Two as Albion hosted fellow strugglers Loddon to Thorpe High School.
Albion started well, continuing their passing football from last week and carved a number of chances with Rochford and Martin going close.
It was Mark Leeper who broke the deadlock with another long range effort that flew into the Loddon goal.
Albion looked in control of the game and added a second before the break when Sam Littleboy side footed home after a ball through the middle.
Loddon came into the game more in the second half in a more even contest. Albion defended the Loddon attacks effectively whilst still creating chances at the other end, Batch seeing a shot saved despite looking a tad offside.
You may also want to watch:
A superb save from Tim Hales in the Albion goal helped maintain the home side’s two goal lead but he was unable to stop a deflected shot minutes later as Loddon pulled a goal back to set up a tense final ten minutes.
Albion held on for their fifth win of the season and will now look to pull out of the danger zone next week.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts