Wensum Albion 2, Loddon ‘A’ 1
A real six pointer at the bottom of Division Two as Albion hosted fellow strugglers Loddon to Thorpe High School.
Albion started well, continuing their passing football from last week and carved a number of chances with Rochford and Martin going close.
It was Mark Leeper who broke the deadlock with another long range effort that flew into the Loddon goal.
Albion looked in control of the game and added a second before the break when Sam Littleboy side footed home after a ball through the middle.
Loddon came into the game more in the second half in a more even contest. Albion defended the Loddon attacks effectively whilst still creating chances at the other end, Batch seeing a shot saved despite looking a tad offside.
You may also want to watch:
A superb save from Tim Hales in the Albion goal helped maintain the home side’s two goal lead but he was unable to stop a deflected shot minutes later as Loddon pulled a goal back to set up a tense final ten minutes.
Albion held on for their fifth win of the season and will now look to pull out of the danger zone next week.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case