Wensum Albion 2, Mousehold Athletic Reserves 1
DIVISION TWO: Albion hosted Mousehold with both sides struggling for results at the bottom of the league table.
Albion started brightly putting pressure on the Mousehold back four. The first chance went to Albion when a goalmouth scramble saw the ball fall to midfielder Martin whose volley crashed against the bar.
At the other end stand-in keeper Jamie Allison made a superb save to his right from a long range shot.
Albion continued to push for the remainder of the half with Pete Gorbould and Matt Brighton causing problems for the Mousehold defence.
Albion took the lead before half-time when a Leeper corner was headed in by Andy Rochford for his first goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Mousehold made a solid start to the second half and forced a number of corners that were dealt with well by the Albion defence.
It was all-square 20 minutes into the half when a Mousehold corner wasn’t cleared and the visitors were allowed to fire in a shot that evaded the hands of the goalkeeper to make it 1-1.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 5 Former City coach explains why he joined Ipswich Town
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 8 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 10 Losing start for Hanley in Scotland's 2-0 defeat to the Czech Republic
With time running out and Albion under some pressure a Farrow ball down the right looked to be a lost cause until Gorbould sprinted 60 yards to keep the ball in play near the corner flag and take on the keeper before pulling the ball back for Matt Firman to tap home in to an open goal.
Albion held out for the win and will hope to take this confidence in to the next match.