Wensum Albion 2, Mousehold Athletic Reserves 1
DIVISION TWO: Albion hosted Mousehold with both sides struggling for results at the bottom of the league table.
Albion started brightly putting pressure on the Mousehold back four. The first chance went to Albion when a goalmouth scramble saw the ball fall to midfielder Martin whose volley crashed against the bar.
At the other end stand-in keeper Jamie Allison made a superb save to his right from a long range shot.
Albion continued to push for the remainder of the half with Pete Gorbould and Matt Brighton causing problems for the Mousehold defence.
Albion took the lead before half-time when a Leeper corner was headed in by Andy Rochford for his first goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Mousehold made a solid start to the second half and forced a number of corners that were dealt with well by the Albion defence.
It was all-square 20 minutes into the half when a Mousehold corner wasn’t cleared and the visitors were allowed to fire in a shot that evaded the hands of the goalkeeper to make it 1-1.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
With time running out and Albion under some pressure a Farrow ball down the right looked to be a lost cause until Gorbould sprinted 60 yards to keep the ball in play near the corner flag and take on the keeper before pulling the ball back for Matt Firman to tap home in to an open goal.
Albion held out for the win and will hope to take this confidence in to the next match.