Wensum Albion 2, Newton Flotman Reserves 2
After a disappointing cup defeat last week Albion were hoping to bounce back with victory against Newton Flotman Reserves.
The away side took control in the opening 15 minutes, Albion keeper Cooper dominating his area to snuff out any danger.
As the half progressed Albion began to play some fluid football as they had in previous weeks but it was Newton Flotman who took the lead when their right winger was allowed time to cross with their striker well positioned to head home.
Albion created chances of their own, a weak looking Martin shot tipped round the post by the away keeper and a number of well-delivered Leeper corners causing problems for the Newton Flotman defence.
Albion were back on level terms before half time when a pinpoint cross from Gorbould on the right flank was bundled in by Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Albion again found themselves behind on the hour mark as a Newton Flotman midfielder was allowed space to shoot from the edge of the area past the Albion keeper. At the other end Martin missed a point blank chance after a cross from Philo and Gorbould also went close from six yards.
Albion’s pressure eventually paid off when Gorbould looped a pass to Alex ‘the Nutter’ Chard who smashed a volley to level the score.
- 1 Farke on City set up changes
- 2 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Encouraging first impressions from City newboy Normann
A solid performance and a fair result kept Albion challenging at the right end of the table.