Wensum Albion 2, Newton Flotman Reserves 2
After a disappointing cup defeat last week Albion were hoping to bounce back with victory against Newton Flotman Reserves.
The away side took control in the opening 15 minutes, Albion keeper Cooper dominating his area to snuff out any danger.
As the half progressed Albion began to play some fluid football as they had in previous weeks but it was Newton Flotman who took the lead when their right winger was allowed time to cross with their striker well positioned to head home.
Albion created chances of their own, a weak looking Martin shot tipped round the post by the away keeper and a number of well-delivered Leeper corners causing problems for the Newton Flotman defence.
Albion were back on level terms before half time when a pinpoint cross from Gorbould on the right flank was bundled in by Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Albion again found themselves behind on the hour mark as a Newton Flotman midfielder was allowed space to shoot from the edge of the area past the Albion keeper. At the other end Martin missed a point blank chance after a cross from Philo and Gorbould also went close from six yards.
Albion’s pressure eventually paid off when Gorbould looped a pass to Alex ‘the Nutter’ Chard who smashed a volley to level the score.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
A solid performance and a fair result kept Albion challenging at the right end of the table.