Wensum Albion 2, Yelverton Reserves 3
DIVISION TWO: Another disappointing result for Albion despite a hard fought match against a youthful Yelverton team.
It was the away side who started more brightly and took the lead on 20 minutes.
Albion started to create some chances of their own as striker Gorbould found space on the right firing in a number of shots that lacked the power to beat the keeper.
Albion equalised on the half hour when a Gorbould flick on was buried from close range by midfielder Martin.
The extra pressure then started to pay off for the home side as Aaron Bowes Shorten took his time to lob the Yelverton keeper from the edge of the area putting Albion 2-1 up.
You may also want to watch:
It was all square before the break when Yelverton tucked away a penalty given for a foul on their striker by Albion defender Philo.
Both sides knew the next goal was important and not long in to the second half it was Yelverton who took the initiative and worked the ball on the left allowing their forward to fire home from inside the area.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
Albion pushed on looking for an equaliser, Mark Leeper going close but seeing his long range effort skim the bar.
Despite a much better performance than the previous week Albion still left empty handed.