Wensum Albion 2, Yelverton Reserves 3
DIVISION TWO: Another disappointing result for Albion despite a hard fought match against a youthful Yelverton team.
It was the away side who started more brightly and took the lead on 20 minutes.
Albion started to create some chances of their own as striker Gorbould found space on the right firing in a number of shots that lacked the power to beat the keeper.
Albion equalised on the half hour when a Gorbould flick on was buried from close range by midfielder Martin.
The extra pressure then started to pay off for the home side as Aaron Bowes Shorten took his time to lob the Yelverton keeper from the edge of the area putting Albion 2-1 up.
It was all square before the break when Yelverton tucked away a penalty given for a foul on their striker by Albion defender Philo.
Both sides knew the next goal was important and not long in to the second half it was Yelverton who took the initiative and worked the ball on the left allowing their forward to fire home from inside the area.
- 1 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 2 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 3 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 5 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
- 6 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 7 Ian Clarke: Time for City to end miserable season with a big scalp
- 8 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 9 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 10 PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
Albion pushed on looking for an equaliser, Mark Leeper going close but seeing his long range effort skim the bar.
Despite a much better performance than the previous week Albion still left empty handed.