Wensum Albion 2, Yelverton Reserves 3
As teams enter the final games of the season Albion were hoping to end their campaign as strongly as it started beginning with a difficult game against in form Yelverton Reserves.
Yelverton did most of the early running but failed to test Albion keeper Cooper and it was the home side who took the lead on 20 minutes when a through ball by Nick Taylor found Matt Edwards, who calmly placed the ball in to the net.
Yelverton equalised soon after when a corner was nodded in at the near post. Heavy snow meant the second half was played in slippery conditions but both sides adjusted well.
Albion took the lead again on the hour mark when an interception from Micky Martin found Matt Edwards who once again picked his spot to put the home side 2-1 up. Albion looked to have added to their lead but a well struck Jenner shot hit the post, Chard unable to convert the rebound.
Yelverton carried on applying the pressure and when the Yelverton winger was found on the edge of the box in what looked like an offside position the Albion players stopped as he fired home.
You may also want to watch:
With only minutes remaining Yelverton took the lead for the first time in the match when a lofted free kick was headed in at the far post. Albion were unlucky not to take at least a point from this game and will be hoping for better luck against Blofield next week.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash