Wensum Albion 2, Yelverton Reserves 3
As teams enter the final games of the season Albion were hoping to end their campaign as strongly as it started beginning with a difficult game against in form Yelverton Reserves.
Yelverton did most of the early running but failed to test Albion keeper Cooper and it was the home side who took the lead on 20 minutes when a through ball by Nick Taylor found Matt Edwards, who calmly placed the ball in to the net.
Yelverton equalised soon after when a corner was nodded in at the near post. Heavy snow meant the second half was played in slippery conditions but both sides adjusted well.
Albion took the lead again on the hour mark when an interception from Micky Martin found Matt Edwards who once again picked his spot to put the home side 2-1 up. Albion looked to have added to their lead but a well struck Jenner shot hit the post, Chard unable to convert the rebound.
Yelverton carried on applying the pressure and when the Yelverton winger was found on the edge of the box in what looked like an offside position the Albion players stopped as he fired home.
You may also want to watch:
With only minutes remaining Yelverton took the lead for the first time in the match when a lofted free kick was headed in at the far post. Albion were unlucky not to take at least a point from this game and will be hoping for better luck against Blofield next week.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update