Wensum Albion 3, South Walsham Reserves 0
After grabbing their first win of the season last week Albion were looking forward to the visit of South Walsham Reserves who could only field 10 players.
Despite the number disadvantage it was the away side who looked sharpest in the first ten minutes with Albion struggling to get in to the game. Once settled Albion started to control the passing on the pitch Martin sending an early sitter wide from close range after good work from Gorbould down the right.
It was Mark Leeper who opened the scoring, the keeper beaten at his near post. Albion carved open a number of chances with Philo, Leeper and Jenner going close.
Andy Rochford doubled the lead before the break, side footing home from close range after a spill from the Walsham keeper. The second half again saw Albion create a number of opportunities but poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept the score down with most Albion players seeing chances go begging.
Jake Jenner calmly lifted the ball in to the Walsham net to make it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Walsham did start to put more pressure on the Albion back four and a tip over from keeper Chard gave the home side their first clean sheet of the season.
Another three points for Albion who will be disappointed that more goals weren’t scored.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol