Wensum Albion 3, Yelverton Reserves 4
Albion hosted Yelverton Reserves in the first round of the Shoe Trades Cup looking to improve on the last couple of performances.
It was the perfect start for Albion when Jake Jenner found space on the right of the Yelverton area after a superb raking ball from Leeper. The winger coolly finished to put the home side ahead within three minutes.
Jenner grabbed his brace only two minutes later when another long ball from Gorbould was dispatched home. Albion looked in control at this point but couldn’t add to the lead, allowing Yelverton back in to the game.
The away side started putting together some neat attacking moves and pulled one back after 15 minutes, a close range effort flying passed Chard.
It was all square minutes later as a Yelverton corner was nodded in at the near post. After an exciting opening twenty the game calmed down with both sides creating some half chances.
You may also want to watch:
It was Albion who went in to the break behind conceding another from close range.
After the break Albion looked to push forward for the equaliser, Lawrence and Jenner linking up well down the right.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
Albion were back on level terms midway through the half after a Rochford throw was flicked on by Gorbould to Lawrence whose shot ended up at the feet of Martin who finished from a couple of yards.
At the other end Chard did well to tip wide a 40-yard goalbound effort. With only minutes left until extra time a Yelverton corner was headed in to send the away side in to the next round.