Wensum Albion 3, Yelverton Reserves 4
Albion hosted Yelverton Reserves in the first round of the Shoe Trades Cup looking to improve on the last couple of performances.
It was the perfect start for Albion when Jake Jenner found space on the right of the Yelverton area after a superb raking ball from Leeper. The winger coolly finished to put the home side ahead within three minutes.
Jenner grabbed his brace only two minutes later when another long ball from Gorbould was dispatched home. Albion looked in control at this point but couldn’t add to the lead, allowing Yelverton back in to the game.
The away side started putting together some neat attacking moves and pulled one back after 15 minutes, a close range effort flying passed Chard.
It was all square minutes later as a Yelverton corner was nodded in at the near post. After an exciting opening twenty the game calmed down with both sides creating some half chances.
You may also want to watch:
It was Albion who went in to the break behind conceding another from close range.
After the break Albion looked to push forward for the equaliser, Lawrence and Jenner linking up well down the right.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
Albion were back on level terms midway through the half after a Rochford throw was flicked on by Gorbould to Lawrence whose shot ended up at the feet of Martin who finished from a couple of yards.
At the other end Chard did well to tip wide a 40-yard goalbound effort. With only minutes left until extra time a Yelverton corner was headed in to send the away side in to the next round.