Wensum Albion 6, Taverham 1
Albion hosted Taverham at Thorpe High School after a number of weeks without a game due to the poor weather.
Taverham looked the sharper of the two teams in the opening exchanges passing the ball with confidence but Matt Cooper was once again dominant in goal for the home side.
Albion opened the scoring on 20 minutes when a long range Mark Leeper free kick flew in to the back of the net. Both teams seemed to cancel each other out for the remainder of the half but the last kick of the 45 saw Albion double their lead when a goalbound Philo header was touched home by Littleboy on the line.
Still not happy sitting on a two goal advantage Albion pushed on after the break looking to kill the game off. Leeper was again involved in a third goal for Albion when his effort from the edge of the box slipped past the Taverham keeper to be toe poked home by Gorbould on the line.
Taverham refused to give up and deservedly pulled a goal back when their striker finished well one on one with Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth goal effectively won Albion the game as Seaman side footed home from close range after solid work from Leeper. With their tails up Albion added a further two goals with Jenner and Avenall rounding off the scoring, Avenall breaking his rib in the over the top and exuberant goal celebration that looks like keeping him out for a number of weeks.
This was a good win for Albion who will now be looking up the table in the coming weeks.
- 1 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 2 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 4 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 5 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 6 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment