Wensum Albion club notes
Rogers and Norton Business Houses LeagueDivision 1Wensum Albion 2Mousehold 3 Albion hoped to continue their good start to the season with three points against rivals Mousehold at Thorpe High School.
Rogers and Norton Business Houses League
Wensum Albion 2Mousehold 3
Albion hoped to continue their good start to the season with three points against rivals Mousehold at Thorpe High School. The home side looked sluggish from the kick off and were deservedly one nil down after just ten minutes when a Mousehold midfielder was allowed time to fire home from inside the box. Albion soaked up more pressure but looked dangerous on the counter attack. The scores were level midway through the half when a Pete Gorbould cross was poked home by Micky Martin from close range. Adam Jarrett then headed over for Albion as they picked holes in the Mousehold defence. It was Mousehold who went into the break in the lead when their midfielder was again given time in the box to slide in his second of the game. The second half saw Albion create more chances, Martin hitting the bar with a long range effort before Leeper blazed over from six yards with the goal at his mercy. Albion were awarded a penalty on the hour as defender Ben Carter was fouled inside the box, Jut Philo converting with a class penalty. The final stages saw some frantic end to end football with Egerton, Jarrett and Slowther all going close for the home side. In the dying minutes Mousehold scored their third and the winner, Albion unlucky not to take a point despite a lacklustre performance.
You may also want to watch:
Hatch Brenner Solicitors Man of the Match: Lee Farrow
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion