Wensum Albion club notes
Norwich and District Business Houses LeagueDivision 1Wensum Albion 1Jarrolds 2Albion continued their poor run of form, losing in disappointing fashion to bottom club Jarrolds.
Norwich and District Business Houses League
Wensum Albion 1Jarrolds 2
Albion continued their poor run of form, losing in disappointing fashion to bottom club Jarrolds. It was the worst possible start for the home side when Jarrolds scored within the first few minutes, Albion unable to make that important tackle as their striker scored from close range. Albion looked dangerous going forward, Ian Edgerton unlucky with a header from inside the box and Adam Jarrett going close with a low shot. Midfielder Gorbould came closest to the equaliser but saw his powerful volley well saved by the Jarrolds 'keeper. Jarrolds doubled their lead going into the break as a through ball found their striker who finished an easy one on one. Slowther and Rochford entered the game in the second half and made an instant impact creating space for Pete Gorbould to cut in from the right and lash a left foot shot into the top corner. Albion were given a lifeline in the last ten minutes when a penalty was awarded for a foul on Jarrett in the box but Philo fired wide from the spot kick. A clash of heads in midfield saw captain and club funny man Andy Rochford taken to hospital minutes before the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Hatch Brenner Solicitors Man of the Match: Tim Hales.
- 1 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 7-0 mauling at Chelsea
- 3 NCFC LIVE: Canaries thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea
- 4 'Embarrassing' - Farke on woeful 7-0 City rout at Chelsea
- 5 Farke on Cantwell Chelsea absence
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' abject 7-0 Chelsea defeat
- 7 Cantwell on target in City U23s win
- 8 CHELSEA 7 CANARIES 0 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 9 ‘Men against boys’ - Pundits batter City for awful effort at Chelsea
- 10 ‘Too easy’ - Hanley apologises to City fans for implosion at Chelsea