Wensum Albion lose opener
Salhouse Rovers 5 Wensum Albion 2: Albion kicked off the new season at newly promoted Salhouse Rovers and went into the game full of confidence after being unbeaten in their four pre-season friendlies.
Norwich & District Business Houses League
Salhouse Rovers 5 Wensum Albion 2
Albion kicked off the new season at newly promoted Salhouse Rovers and went into the game full of confidence after being unbeaten in their four pre-season friendlies.
Salhouse were sharpest of the two teams in the opening quarter of an hour and this eventually resulted in a goal for the home side. Their main threat up front wasn't closed down by Albion and a low drive from outside the box escaped the reach of keeper Hales, who was making a welcome return after two seasons out with a knee injury. With half an hour gone, Salhouse had increased their lead to 3-0 - two identical free kicks finding their way into the Albion net.
You may also want to watch:
Albion were soon back in the game though, as Slowther thundered a loose ball into the top corner from 12 yards out after Salhouse failed to clear a corner. Albion had numerous attempts on goal before half-time to reduce the deficit with Philo, Egerton and Gorbould all coming close to scoring.
The early stages of the second half were controlled by Albion as they continually put pressure on the Salhouse goal. On the hour mark they pulled the score back to 3-2 when Adam Jarrett nodded home after a cross by Rochford. Rochford then smashed a 20-yard drive against the post as Albion searched for the equaliser. As Albion pushed forward, Salhouse capitalised on this and put the game out of Albion's reach when their number 10 grabbed his 4th and 5th goals of the match.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 3 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 4 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 5 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
Despite Albion worked hard until the final whistle they were not to be rewarded with more goals. A game in which Albion probably deserved a point considering the amount of play they had and the number of chances they created.
Hatch Brenner Solicitors Man of the Match: Jut Philo / Andy Rochford