Wensum Albion notes
Wensum Albion 1, The Albion 8: Wensum were handed a tough tie in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup against last year's semi finalists The Albion.
Norfolk Junior Cup
Wensum Albion 1The Albion 8
Wensum were handed a tough tie in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup against last year's semi finalists The Albion. The away side looked comfortable on the ball from the start and caused Wensum problems when they pushed forward. Despite some resolute defending Wensum found themselves two goals down early with two top quality finishes from the Albion attackers, 'keeper Tim Hales could do nothing about both strikes. At the other end Pete Gorbould battled well as the lone striker as Wensum looked for a way back into the game. Ian Edgerton went very close with strong shot over the bar whilst a Jut Philo header inside the box was again narrowly wide of the mark. It was the visitors that showed more composure in the final third and scored two more goals before the break to go in 4-0 up at halftime. Wensum started well in the second half and started to contain the Albion attacks but found themselves another goal down when a cross luckily floated into the Wensum goal. The home sides heads dropped and despite Gorbould going close midway through the half it was The Albion who scored 3 more to take an 8-0 lead, their number two failing to make it 9 with an awful miss from 2 yards. Ian Edgerton finished well after good work on the left to score a consolation in a match where Wensum were simply not good enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
Hatch Brenner Solicitors Man of the Match: Pete Gorbould
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker