Position: Left wing
Born: Dublin (May 20, 1982)
Height: 5ft, 7in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 10st, 3lbs.
Date signed: June 26, 2008
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 3 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Signed from: Blackpool, �250k plus Matthew Gilks
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Coventry A (Aug 9, 2008)
Former clubs: Livingston, Blackpool.
International honours: Ireland (1 cap)
Season 2008/09 apps: 35 Goals: 2
Norwich City apps: 35 Goals: 2
Blackpool (06-08): 88 starts, plus 11 as sub, 16 goals.
Livingston (06-07): 15 starts, plus 4 as sub, 0 goals.
Total: 103 starts, plus 15 as sub, 16 goals.
A creative midfielder with excellent close control and dribbling skills, City fans were understandably delighted when Wes Hoolahan agreed to join the Canaries in the summer of 2008. Signed from Blackpool by Glenn Roeder, Wes had made a lasting impression on the Carrow Road faithful with a number of classy displays against Norwich in recent seasons. He starred in the 2006-07 FA Cup replay at Carrow Road as City edged passed Blackpool 3-2 and was a constant menace a season later when Blackpool won 2-1 at Carrow Road in the Championship.
Injury ruled him out of City's final seven league games of last season which was a particular blow as he appeared to be in fine form under the management of Bryan Gunn and chipped in with two goals following Gunn's appointment.