West Ham v Norwich City - Player ratings
Player ratings for both West Ham and Norwich City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
7 Mark Bunn: One fine save from Collison and could not be faulted for the goals.
5 Ryan Bennett: Not entirely comfortable in a full-back role. A shade unlucky with penalty?
6 Michael Turner: Coped pretty well with the aerial threat provided by the Hammers.
6 S�bastien Bassong: Might have done a bit better with the second goal but was generally solid.
6 Russell Martin: Left-back didn’t really suit him but he switched and scored once again.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Placheta poised for Championship loan move
- 2 'Seriously special' - City fans rave over new home kit
- 3 Norwich City unveil their new home kit
- 4 So it begins again - City hoping for winning start in opening friendly at Dereham Town
- 5 City gem Aarons advised not to follow the money
- 6 New Norwich City deal will allow pre-match Carrow Road light shows
- 7 City's first home game selected for TV coverage
- 8 Anglian Home Improvements to become Barclay Stand sponsors
- 9 Neil hones in on City Championship reunion
- 10 Teemu Pukki's future: The inside track from Finland
6 Alex Tettey: Shook off one nasty knock and did his best in rather an unequal contest.
5 Jonny Howson: Playing on the left of the central pair did not seem to do him any favours.
7 Robert Snodgrass: Looked the most likely source of joy when City shook off their slow start.
6 Wes Hoolahan: Did his best to make intelligent use of the ball before his early departure.
5 Anthony Pilkington: One first-half shot went close but was not at his dangerous best.
6 Harry Kane: Certainly no lack of effort but had little opportunity in front of goal.
Subs: Elliott Bennett (for Hoolahan) 6, Simeon Jackson (for Kane) 6, David Fox (for Howson) 6
• West Ham
6 Jussi Jaaskelainen: Not his busiest afternoon, a bit fortunate with Snodgrass’ effort.
7 Guy Demel: Looked dangerous going forward, great crosses for Collison and Cole.
6 James Tomkins: City felt it was a penalty when he collided with Kane, but maybe not.
6 Winston Reid: Lucky to escape when he handled in the West Ham penalty area.
7 Joey O’Brien: Got forward to good effect and he scored what proved decisive goal.
8 Mark Noble: Man of the match, kept West Ham ticking over and posed City problems.
6 Ricardo Vaz Te: Unlucky with the header that hit the post, but careless at other times.
6 Jack Collison: Justified his recall with busy display, denied a goal by Bunn’s fine save.
7 Matthew Taylor: Went very close to a goal and he produced dangerous crosses.
6 Matt Jarvis: Needed careful watching but did not get too much joy out of Canaries.
6 Carlton Cole: Missed an absolute sitter but threw his weight around to good effect.
Subs: Gary O’Neil (for O’Brien) 6, Modibo Maiga (for Vaz Te) 6, Jordan Spence (for Jarvis) 6