What the supporters think?
I will apologise in advance for making this article NCISA orientated but I think it important that we canvas as many views as possible.
The opportunity presents itself as matters both on and off the pitch at Carrow Road are going very well and there is buoyancy that has not been felt for many years. The debt the club has is being managed, there has been a sizeable addition to the transfer kitty and the team under Lambert continues to outshine anything we could have expected at the start of the season.
As you may know I took over as acting chairman of NCISA in October last year and the last three months have been very hectic on many fronts. We introduced a monthly member’s draw with prizes including match day tickets and had a very successful Christmas raffle that with the help of IFA sponsorship swelled the coffers.
We also organised a book signing, question and answer session with Kevin Drinkell ably supported by Ken Brown. A snowy cold night but well attended and enjoyed by all. Again free to members.
A “Does the team think” evening with Chris Lakey, Chris Goreham and Neil Adams is planned for March.
You may also want to watch:
The only “failure”, so far, was our attempt to raise money for Paul Lambert’s transfer kitty via purchasing shares in the club. It appears that neither the club nor supporters thought this as good an idea as we did, as both sides failed to take the idea further. We will save this for when Michael Foulger’s money runs out!
I have spoken to many fans over the last few months as to what they would like to see for supporters and without exception the answer has been a return to something like the very successful Norwich City Supporters Club of old that declared an allegiance to NCFC and also gave an active social side for all to enjoy.As can be seen from some of the actions already taken we are trying to reflect that wish.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 5 Former City coach explains why he joined Ipswich Town
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 8 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 10 Ex-Norwich striker signs for Carlisle United
This is where you, the reader comes in. We are actively seeking (as well as new members) ideas and thoughts as to what YOU would like to see from a supporters club that you would want to join. Let’s, together, try and reshape NCISA into a new supporters club that we can all feel part of.
You can send your thoughts to email@example.com and we look forward to receiving them.