Who are Norwich City’s new shirt sponsor Dafabet?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City’s new principal club sponsor Dafabet has been involved in UK sport for the best part of a decade.
The logo of the Asian betting firm, based in the Philippines, will feature on all three of the Canaries' new kits and around Carrow Road as well.
The company is owned by Asian Betting and Gaming Enterprise (Asian BGE), with the company's major shareholder being AsianLogic, which was established in 2002 by a group of investors and floated on the London Stock Exchange in 2007.
The company's website states it employs over 2,000 people worldwide and that it also has offices in Hong Kong, Kenya, Malta and Gibraltar.
Dafabet is also regulated by the UK Gambling Commission however, as Asian BGE is registered in the Isle of Man.
The betting and online gaming firm's first foray into football came with 2012 deals with Everton and West Brom, then both Premier League clubs, as their international betting partners.
You may also want to watch:
Between 2013 and 2015 Dafabet were the main sponsor at Aston Villa, with their logo on shirts and around Villa Park, and they were also shirt sponsors at Blackburn, Sunderland and Burnley during the campaigns which followed.
A current deal with Fulham - who were relegated from the Premier League last season - is still in place for 2019-20, as well as with Scottish champions Celtic, having previously become the Glasgow club's international betting partner in 2015.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
Dafabet has also sponsored various snooker tournaments, including the Masters and the World Snooker Championship in the UK, and has been involved in boxing and motor sports as well.
John Cruces, head of sponsorships at Dafabet, told City's website: "From our initial meetings with the club the ambition they show is clear to see. They have a unique and fresh approach which is evident both on and off the pitch.
"We congratulate Norwich City on their return to the Premier League and look forward to working together and achieving common goals."