Who was your City man-of-the-match during defeat at Forest?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Who was your man-of-the-match during Norwich City’s narrow 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night?
We’ve chosen midfielder Harrison Reed as our pick of the City players, for a tenacious display at the City Ground, but do you agree?
Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy proved the difference as Norwich saw their winless Championship slump extend to five games.
The veteran forward settled the encounter in the 77th minute, after substitute Mustapha Carayol crossed from the right and 34-year-old Murphy darted across Christoph Zimmermann – who had replaced Timm Klose at the break – to poke home from close range.
It was a touch harsh on a City side who had looked brighter than during Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Barnsley but the closest Daniel Farke’s team had come to scoring was a Nelson Oliveira free-kick early in the second half, tipped wide by Forest keeper Jordan Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich return to action on Saturday when former boss Alex Neil brings his Preston North End team to Carrow Road, with the Canaries looking to bring an end to a six-game winless streak on home soil.
• Cast your vote in our man-of-the-match poll above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round