Who was your City man-of-the-match during defeat at Forest?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Who was your man-of-the-match during Norwich City’s narrow 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night?
We’ve chosen midfielder Harrison Reed as our pick of the City players, for a tenacious display at the City Ground, but do you agree?
Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy proved the difference as Norwich saw their winless Championship slump extend to five games.
The veteran forward settled the encounter in the 77th minute, after substitute Mustapha Carayol crossed from the right and 34-year-old Murphy darted across Christoph Zimmermann – who had replaced Timm Klose at the break – to poke home from close range.
It was a touch harsh on a City side who had looked brighter than during Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Barnsley but the closest Daniel Farke’s team had come to scoring was a Nelson Oliveira free-kick early in the second half, tipped wide by Forest keeper Jordan Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich return to action on Saturday when former boss Alex Neil brings his Preston North End team to Carrow Road, with the Canaries looking to bring an end to a six-game winless streak on home soil.
• Cast your vote in our man-of-the-match poll above
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 5 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 6 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans