Who was your man-of-the-match during City’s deflating 2-1 loss at Bolton?
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
It may be picking from the best of a bad bunch after a frustrating defeat at lowly Bolton but did anyone impress enough to be chosen as your man-of-the-match?
We’ve chosen Josh Murphy on the basis that he at least injected some urgency and pace into a meandering performance, blasting a fine finish home in the last minute of injury-time, as Daniel Farke’s team slipped to a third successive Championship loss.
After replacing Tom Trybull in the 62nd minute the 22-year-old winger lifted a shot into the roof of the net, delivered a corner which fellow substitute Marley Watkins headed on target only to see saved and was played clean through by James Maddison only to be thwarted by keeper Ben Alnwick one-on-one – kicking the post in frustration afterwards.
A fine shimmy and left-footed shot into the top-right corner, after being teed up by Cameron Jerome, was too little, too late in terms of the Canaries salvaging a point but it was a good goal. It also makes him City’s top scorer in all competitions, with six goals in 17 games, although only two of those have come in the league.
Otherwise, Watkins also offered some hope after replacing Yanic Wildschut in the 62nd minute, firing a shot into the side netting, but he should arguably have scored with his header from Murphy’s corner in the 74th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Ivo Pinto also kept working hard from right-back, complete with mask to protect a broken nose, epitomising the popular captain’s attitude.
James Maddison and Wes Hoolahan also kept probing but struggled to produce anything of note, at times getting in each other’s way as their similar styles seemed to limit City’s options at the top end of the pitch.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
• Did any of our shortlist do enough to earn your vote? Let us know in the poll above