Who was your man-of-the-match during Norwich City’s 1-1 draw with Barnsley?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
We’ve chosen centre-back Grant Hanley as our man-of-the-match following Norwich City’s disappointing 1-1 home draw with Barnsley.
The Scotland international was handed the second start of his Canaries career and was in an uncompromising mood, particularly in the first half, with a string of headers and determined clearances.
Daniel Farke’s switch to three at the back at half-time saw the 25-year-old’s influence wain, as Barnsley’s rapid counter early in the second half left City’s defence all over the place as Harvey Barnes fired home a low leveller.
Josh Murphy finished a low cross from the right from Nelson Oliveira in the 12th minute, after determined work in the corner from the Portuguese striker, but benefitted greatly from a deflection off the chest of Barnsley defender Angus MacDonald.
Otherwise, Murphy struggled, often appearing caught in two minds, and Oliveira blasted some wayward efforts high and wide as he begins the search for form and fitness after returning from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Ivo Pinto offered plenty of urgency from right-back and Marco Stiepermann twice teed up Oliveira for good chances in the second half, but did any of them do enough to earn your vote?
• Choose your man-of-the-match in the poll above
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Dowell pledge from City boss