Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Sheffield United?
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City triumphed after surviving a Sheffield storm - but who was the stand out performer?
This was a high octane, pulsating encounter at Bramall Lane in front of a frustrated home crowd and a Blades’ boss who became increasingly incensed at Norwich City’s attempts to escape with a first league win of the season in this part of south Yorkshire.
City’s third clean sheet on the spin was built around the defiance of Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann. Angus Gunn was up to the challenge on the rare occasions he was pressed into shot-stopping service - notably in the first half when Klose was slipped for one of the very few times.
Marco Stiepermann deserves a special mention as well. The hosts obssessively targeted his flank for treatment but Stiepermann stuck to his task and came into his own in the frenetic final stages, in the manner he dealt aerially with balls arcing towards the far post.
Alex Tettey allayed any fears his body cannot handle the workload with another industrious shift patrolling the back four. While Tom Trybull continues to blossom alongside him, with his willingess to cover the hard yards and a soothing presence in possession.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Trybull deserved to edge top billing. The young German midfielder is setting a high bar for the rest of the season.
• Cast your vote in the poll
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia