Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Sheffield United?
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City triumphed after surviving a Sheffield storm - but who was the stand out performer?
This was a high octane, pulsating encounter at Bramall Lane in front of a frustrated home crowd and a Blades’ boss who became increasingly incensed at Norwich City’s attempts to escape with a first league win of the season in this part of south Yorkshire.
City’s third clean sheet on the spin was built around the defiance of Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann. Angus Gunn was up to the challenge on the rare occasions he was pressed into shot-stopping service - notably in the first half when Klose was slipped for one of the very few times.
Marco Stiepermann deserves a special mention as well. The hosts obssessively targeted his flank for treatment but Stiepermann stuck to his task and came into his own in the frenetic final stages, in the manner he dealt aerially with balls arcing towards the far post.
Alex Tettey allayed any fears his body cannot handle the workload with another industrious shift patrolling the back four. While Tom Trybull continues to blossom alongside him, with his willingess to cover the hard yards and a soothing presence in possession.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Trybull deserved to edge top billing. The young German midfielder is setting a high bar for the rest of the season.
• Cast your vote in the poll
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain