Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Bristol City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It may have been a second successive 0-0 draw at Carrow Road for Norwich City but there were still bright spots on a frustrating day for Daniel Farke’s team.
Christop Zimmermann and Timm Klose once again formed an impenetrable wall in front of Angus Gunn to keep a fourth clean sheet in a row in the league – with the late consolation at Brentford in midweek in the Carabao Cup conceded when Klose had gone off.
It has been 16 years since a City team has achieved that feat, since early 2001/02, and Zimmermann continues to do enough to keep big money signing Grant Hanley on the bench.
Marco Stiepermann continued to make the left-back berth his own with another display of determined defensive tenacity and ambition to get forward, but really should have scored in the first half, from a move he had started.
Cameron Jerome had a goal disallowed for offside, disputed by Farke after the game, but also teed up Stiepermann for his chance and Mario Vrancic for a shot which hit the post. With an early shot fired wide as well, it was so nearly a great day for Jerome.
Our man of the match goes to midfield star Tom Trybull for the second weekend in a row though, as the 24-year-old started his fifth match on the bounce – in which City have gone unbeaten.
You may also want to watch:
The former Werder Bremen man is surely one of the first names on the teamsheet at present and showed why once again with a display packed full of tough tackling, simple passing, determined running and a couple of long-range efforts which weren’t too far wide.
If he can keep up his current form this free signing could well prove to be one of the best bargains ever picked up by the Canaries.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
Cast your vote in our man-of-the-match poll above