Who will be City's skipper?
Bryan Gunn is likely to announce the name of City's skipper for the new season during the pre-season tour to Scotland. The City boss said he has made his decision, although it appears likely he will wait to address his players and staff next week.
Bryan Gunn is likely to announce the name of City's skipper for the new season during the pre-season tour to Scotland.
The City boss said he has made his decision, although it appears likely he will wait to address his players and staff next week.
Gary Doherty, who was skipper under Gunn last season when Mark Fotheringham was stripped of the armband, will lead the team out at Dartford this afternoon, while summer signing Matt Gill was skipper for last night's game at Fakenham, where he used to live.
"I know in my kind who it's going to be," said Gunn.
You may also want to watch:
"We will probably name that in Scotland with the group of players together. We have had a few chats in the building but when we're up there together it's good bonding time and I think the leader will be named in Scotland."
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know