Why Sunderland will be no pushover for Norwich City
BETTING: Whenever Norwich City v Sunderland appears on the fixture list, the Canaries’ fans can be forgiven for casting their minds back to 1985 when their side won the Milk Cup, and punters looking for another triumph over the Black Cats tonight can get 2.50 (6/4) with Betdaq.
This encounter will prove no pushover, however, as Sunderland arrive on the back of a 4-0 victory over Stoke, pointing up the possibility of a very tight affair in which the hosts may emerge 2-1 winners at Betfred’s 8/1, while a more safer one-goal winning margin is on show at Stan James’ 16/5.
The fact Sunderland have a superior record in the second half compared to the first 45 minutes may see City take the lead at Victor Chandler’s 10/11, which could result in home fans being on good terms with themselves during half-time via a Norwich lead at Skybet’s 15/8. Sunderland scored the opener just once this term.
Confident folk envisaging the home side picking up all three points can also choose to punt City to lead at the end of both halves, though the second half is Stan James’ choice at 11/10 to produce more goals than the first period.
The last five league meetings between the sides have all finished 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Those looking at the bigger picture, though, may risk a few quid about this intriguing encounter producing 2.5 goals or more at Sportingbet’s evens.
If the goals do arrive, then first goalscorer backers can reach out for Totesport’s juicy 12/1 for Anthony Pilkington to open proceedings, though Grant Holt’s fan club may stick to a more trusted path at Paddy Power’s 6/1 for him breaking the deadlock.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City