STARTING XIs: Cantwell gets another chance as 5,300 City fans descend on Wigan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has kept faith with youngster Todd Cantwell for today’s game at Wigan Athletic, in the continued absence of the suspended Emi Buendia for the league leaders.
Cantwell made his first start since mid-January in midweek, playing the opening 70 minutes of a 2-2 home draw with Reading.
The Canaries go into the game looking to bounce back from being denied a ninth successive win when conceding an equaliser deep into injury-time on Wednesday by the Royals.
With Leeds beating Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 at Elland Road last night their lead at the Championship summit has been cut to three points but Millwall drawing 1-1 at Sheffield United has kept the third placed Blades six points behind.
That result leaves Daniel Farke’s team knowing that seven points from their final five matches will secure automatic promotion, with a win today to open up a nine-point gap to third.
You may also want to watch:
City have brought 5,300 fans with them to the north-west, the club’s biggest away league following in 15 years and the biggest Wigan have had this season, exceeding the 4,856 that title rivals Leeds took to the DW Stadium in November.
The Latics sit just a point clear of the relegation zone after conceding a late goal to lose 2-1 at Hull on Wednesday and seeing Rotherham draw 2-2 at Stoke yesterday to cut the gap.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Paul Cook has made four changes to his team, with former Norwich favourite Anthony Pilkington missing out through injury.
Lee Evans, Gavin Massey, Kal Naismith and Leon Clarke come in for Darron Gibson, Nick Powell, Josh Windass and former Ipswich striker Joe Garner, who all drop to the bench.
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, McLean; Cantwell, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Klose, Leitner, Vrancic, Srbeny, Rhodes
Wigan (3-5-2): Walton; James, Dunkley, Fox; Byrne, Evans, Morsy (C), Naismith, Robinson; Massey, Clarke. Subs: Evans (GK), Kipre, Olsson, Gibson, Powell, Garner, Windass
REFEREE: James Linnington (Newport)
• You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction from the DW Stadium in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• And make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents