Williamson’s chip secures Boro victory
With both teams unbeaten in their opening fixtures this was going to be a cagey game, and so it proved.
Attleborough Town Ladies 2, Long Stratton Ladies 1
The visitors had the best of the first half, and took the lead in the 32nd minute when Charlotte Head broke through to beat the advancing keeper.
The opening of the second half was end to end and it was Boro who were looking the stronger.
They drew level on 67 minutes when Emma Skinner ran through to score from a tight angle. The next 25 minutes were not for the faint hearted as both teams went looking for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
What proved to be the winner came on 70 minutes when Sherral Williamson picked up the ball on the edge of the 18-yard box took a couple of steps and chipped the keeper to put Boro ahead.
Long Stratton pressed forward to get an equaliser, but Boro managed to keep them out. This was an excellent game and credit to the girls of both sides.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?