Williamson’s chip secures Boro victory
With both teams unbeaten in their opening fixtures this was going to be a cagey game, and so it proved.
Attleborough Town Ladies 2, Long Stratton Ladies 1
The visitors had the best of the first half, and took the lead in the 32nd minute when Charlotte Head broke through to beat the advancing keeper.
The opening of the second half was end to end and it was Boro who were looking the stronger.
They drew level on 67 minutes when Emma Skinner ran through to score from a tight angle. The next 25 minutes were not for the faint hearted as both teams went looking for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
What proved to be the winner came on 70 minutes when Sherral Williamson picked up the ball on the edge of the 18-yard box took a couple of steps and chipped the keeper to put Boro ahead.
Long Stratton pressed forward to get an equaliser, but Boro managed to keep them out. This was an excellent game and credit to the girls of both sides.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal