Williamson’s chip secures Boro victory
With both teams unbeaten in their opening fixtures this was going to be a cagey game, and so it proved.
Attleborough Town Ladies 2, Long Stratton Ladies 1
The visitors had the best of the first half, and took the lead in the 32nd minute when Charlotte Head broke through to beat the advancing keeper.
The opening of the second half was end to end and it was Boro who were looking the stronger.
They drew level on 67 minutes when Emma Skinner ran through to score from a tight angle. The next 25 minutes were not for the faint hearted as both teams went looking for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
What proved to be the winner came on 70 minutes when Sherral Williamson picked up the ball on the edge of the 18-yard box took a couple of steps and chipped the keeper to put Boro ahead.
Long Stratton pressed forward to get an equaliser, but Boro managed to keep them out. This was an excellent game and credit to the girls of both sides.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 2 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 5 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 6 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 7 Is it much ado about nothing for worried Norwich fans?
- 8 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 9 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 10 Hibs role too good to turn down for ex-City chief