Winning finish to league
Mousehold Reserves 4, Horsford 2In this Division Two game, Mousehold Reserves started the game strongly, out to enjoy their last game of the season. It was only seven minutes before they scored; Brett Macey took a shot, the keeper almost saved it but the ball rebounded off the inside of the post and went in.
Mousehold Reserves 4, Horsford 2
In this Division Two game, Mousehold Reserves started the game strongly, out to enjoy their last game of the season.
It was only seven minutes before they scored; Brett Macey took a shot, the keeper almost saved it but the ball rebounded off the inside of the post and went in.
Horsford though were in no mood to accept that, and just two minutes later had equalised; an easy goal from a throw-in at the Mousehold end, their player waiting on the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen minutes in, keeper Mark Brandish pulled off one of his trademark showcase saves - the shot was hit hard and low, Mark dived and got his fingertips to it to push it round the post.
On 22 minutes Chris Daniels took Mousehold in front again: when Andy Brown put the ball through Chris had his back to the goal, he lobbed the ball over his head and into the net.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
However, again Horsford pulled it back level when eight minutes later there was a scrum in the goalmouth, Mark saved the first shot but Horsford put the rebound away.
Thirty-nine minutes and Mousehold were ahead for the third time: Chris Daniels won the ball, took on a defender and chipped it into the top corner for 3-2.
The second half was more controlled, with Mousehold seeking to retain their lead, and Horsford desperate to find a breakthrough.
After 67 minutes in Jason Brooks came off for Bruno Pinto, and on 73 minutes Chris Daniels came off for Ben Jacob.
The final goal came on 86 minutes when Andy Brown took advantage of a Mousehold corner - the defender at the back post missed the header clearance, Andy controlled the ball and volleyed it back over the keeper's head.
It was a good end to a difficult season, which has seen the Reserves suffer for players as the first team gets first call, but all the players should be commended for their attitude and resilience - sticking it out through thick and thin, and turning out every week for a game.
Man of the match awarded to Chris Daniels for his outstanding performance, and the whole club is now looking forward to the Shoetrade Cup semi-final next week.