Winning finish to league
Mousehold Reserves 4, Horsford 2In this Division Two game, Mousehold Reserves started the game strongly, out to enjoy their last game of the season. It was only seven minutes before they scored; Brett Macey took a shot, the keeper almost saved it but the ball rebounded off the inside of the post and went in.
Mousehold Reserves 4, Horsford 2
In this Division Two game, Mousehold Reserves started the game strongly, out to enjoy their last game of the season.
It was only seven minutes before they scored; Brett Macey took a shot, the keeper almost saved it but the ball rebounded off the inside of the post and went in.
Horsford though were in no mood to accept that, and just two minutes later had equalised; an easy goal from a throw-in at the Mousehold end, their player waiting on the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen minutes in, keeper Mark Brandish pulled off one of his trademark showcase saves - the shot was hit hard and low, Mark dived and got his fingertips to it to push it round the post.
On 22 minutes Chris Daniels took Mousehold in front again: when Andy Brown put the ball through Chris had his back to the goal, he lobbed the ball over his head and into the net.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 5 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
However, again Horsford pulled it back level when eight minutes later there was a scrum in the goalmouth, Mark saved the first shot but Horsford put the rebound away.
Thirty-nine minutes and Mousehold were ahead for the third time: Chris Daniels won the ball, took on a defender and chipped it into the top corner for 3-2.
The second half was more controlled, with Mousehold seeking to retain their lead, and Horsford desperate to find a breakthrough.
After 67 minutes in Jason Brooks came off for Bruno Pinto, and on 73 minutes Chris Daniels came off for Ben Jacob.
The final goal came on 86 minutes when Andy Brown took advantage of a Mousehold corner - the defender at the back post missed the header clearance, Andy controlled the ball and volleyed it back over the keeper's head.
It was a good end to a difficult season, which has seen the Reserves suffer for players as the first team gets first call, but all the players should be commended for their attitude and resilience - sticking it out through thick and thin, and turning out every week for a game.
Man of the match awarded to Chris Daniels for his outstanding performance, and the whole club is now looking forward to the Shoetrade Cup semi-final next week.