Wisbech squad re-build almost complete
Adam Lazzari Wisbech Town boss Steve Taylor is close to completing his squad re-build ahead of the Ridgeons Premier campaign after recruiting former Diss and Dereham midfielder Stuart King.
Wisbech Town boss Steve Taylor is close to completing his squad re-build ahead of the Ridgeons Premier campaign after recruiting former Diss and Dereham midfielder Stuart King.
Taylor will include a trialist who featured last season for Spalding United in tomorrow's latest home friendly against Deeping Rangers. Town's new boss believes King's arrival from neighbours Swaffham is a key signing.
“Stuart's an excellent all round midfielder,” said Taylor. “His best position is in central midfield and he likes to get forward, go past the strikers and score goals. He knows how to defend as well. He's been around a bit and will bring important experience to the club. I think he will be a very important player for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Defensive midfielder Mark Jimson requires key hole surgery and will be out for at least six weeks.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion