‘Can’t really put a positive spin on that’ - City fans deflated after 3-0 defeat to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers leaves them seven points from safety with 11 top-flight fixtures remaining.
Supporters have had their say on social media following the defeat, with the majority feeling deflated after another dispiriting defeat.
On very few occasions this season have City been comfortably second-best, but Wolves outclassed the Canaries from the off.
Portuguese forward Diego Jota proved influential and he netted the opening goal after being found in the box by Matt Doherty's pass. He beat Max Aarons before ruthlessly dispatching the ball into the net.
He had another soon after, when Raul Jimenez' flicked header found Romain Saiss after a short corner. The Frenchman delivered a teasing cross which Jota tapped in at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
City were toothless and lacked cutting edge in their approach. Wolves had a third shortly after the interval, when Jimenez tapped in after Jota's effort rebounded off the post.
- Read the thoughts of supporters above and below
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City