‘Can’t really put a positive spin on that’ - City fans deflated after 3-0 defeat to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers leaves them seven points from safety with 11 top-flight fixtures remaining.
Supporters have had their say on social media following the defeat, with the majority feeling deflated after another dispiriting defeat.
On very few occasions this season have City been comfortably second-best, but Wolves outclassed the Canaries from the off.
Portuguese forward Diego Jota proved influential and he netted the opening goal after being found in the box by Matt Doherty's pass. He beat Max Aarons before ruthlessly dispatching the ball into the net.
He had another soon after, when Raul Jimenez' flicked header found Romain Saiss after a short corner. The Frenchman delivered a teasing cross which Jota tapped in at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
City were toothless and lacked cutting edge in their approach. Wolves had a third shortly after the interval, when Jimenez tapped in after Jota's effort rebounded off the post.
- Read the thoughts of supporters above and below
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 6 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss