Woodforde’s branding to continue at Carrow Road as City extend partnership
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The branding of local brewery Woodforde’s will remain in its prime position at Carrow Road after Norwich City announced an extension of its commercial partnership with the firm.
The partnership will continue for another five years and the Barclay Stand will continue for the 2020/21 campaign, with City’s season set to start early next month.
Canaries legends Darren Huckerby and Grant Holt marked the renewal when they joined Woodforde’s chief executive Joe Parks for a pint and some lunch at the Fur and Feather pub, which is attached to the brewery in Woodbastwick.
City’s head of commercial operations, Sam Jeffery, said: “It’s brilliant news for the club. It’s been a great partnership for the last couple of years. We met Joe Parks around three to four months ago and he’s got a very clear vision and strategy here.
“It’s worth pointing out that Woodforde’s had the opportunity to walk away at the end of the current season and given the circumstances that every business is facing at the moment, they would have been well within their rights to do so.
You may also want to watch:
“Joe didn’t want to do that and he was keen to extend. We’re delighted to be extending the deal for a further five seasons.”
The football club is facing up to a loss in expected income of around £12m due to last season being suspended for three months due to the coronavirus pandemic and then the season being completed without supporters at games.
Combined with the huge financial impact of Premier League relegation, it’s a testing time for City, but chief operating officer Ben Kensell revealed recently that sponsors opting not to claim rebates had saved the club millions of pounds.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
Woodforde’s chief executive Mr Parks added: “I’m really pleased. It’s a fabulous thing for us and Norwich. Norwich is in our heart and soul. I like the fact that our branding (at Carrow Road) is yellow and green in the Norwich colours. It stands out very nicely.”