Worthy talks tough on first day
Nigel Worthington began his reign as Leicester's caretaker boss by telling his players: “Your season starts now.” After his first day at the Belvoir Drive training ground, he said: “To get back out there on the training pitches has been wonderful.
Nigel Worthington began his reign as Leicester's caretaker boss by telling his players: “Your season starts now.”
After his first day at the Belvoir Drive training ground, he said: “To get back out there on the training pitches has been wonderful. It's marvellous to be back out there on the field and getting involved once again.
“I've been absolutely delighted with the attitude of the players and the quality that they have shown during our first session with them.
“Our season starts now. We have got five games to put things right. There are 15 points to play for and we want to grab as many of those as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The players have not done the job that they should have done in the last 41 games. That is something that, between us, we will have to put right.
“I have seen a good attitude, a willingness to work and some quality here. But the one thing I think we need to do is relax so we can go out there to enjoy it.”
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
As for taking on former club Norwich in his first game, he said: “I had a great time there, but I've moved on. I'm ready for the next challenge - and this is it.”