Wroxham steady the ship while Molloy is Gorleston’s goalkeeping hero

Taurean Molloy was Gorleston's hero in the home draw against Brantham. Picture: David Hardy

Taurean Molloy was Gorleston's hero in the home draw against Brantham. Picture: David Hardy - Credit: Archant

Wroxham look to be getting used to life in a new division after victory at Long Melford.

Ross Gilfedder’s first-half goal was enough to bring all three points back to Trafford Park as the Yachtsmen made it three games unbeaten – having taken just one point from their opening two games in the Premier Division following relegation last season.

Thetford suffered a surprise 5-0 reverse at Saffron Walden Town on a day when victory would have taken the fourth-placed Brecklanders top of the table.

Gorleston had goalkeeper Taurean Molloy to thank after an inspired performance in the 1-1 home draw with Brantham Athletic.

Molloy pulled off a string of saves, but could do nothing about Jack Smith’s opening goal in the final minute of the first half. Molloy became a one-man barrier as Brantham piled on the pressure, even keeping out a 58th-minute penalty.

You may also want to watch:

Gorleston should have been dead and buried, but began to rally, and were level with 19 minutes remaining when Joel Watts tucked the ball past the keeper.

Fakenham suffered their fifth straight defeat, beaten 3-0 at Hadleigh, and are bottom of the table without a point to their name. Kirkley & Pakefield lost 3-1 at home to Haverhill Borough.

Most Read

Great Yarmouth won 2-1 at Ipswich Wanderers on Friday night, recovering from an early own goal to take the points through two goals from Haydn Davis.

In the First Division, King’s Lynn Town Reserves were 6-1 winners at Needham Market Reserves. Ryan Lennon and Eoin McQuaid bagged a brace each, with Dylan Edge and Chris Ward also on target.

Diss twice came from behind to draw 2-2 at home to March Town. The visitors went ahead through Logan on 38 minutes before a goalkeeper’s clearance hit Luke Priestley on the back and rebounded in four minutes later. Again Diss fell behind but again they fought back, this time in the 90th minute when Priestley saw his penalty saved, but then knocked in the rebound.

Norwich CBS were 3-1 home winners over Team Bury, Norwich United Under-23s lost 3-0 to Whitton and Wisbech St Mary beat Cornard 2-1.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus