Wycombe Res 3, Norwich Res 1
John Landamore Jens Berthel Askou and Michael Spillane each played 45 minutes as they continued their rehabilitation after injury in last night's reserve team defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Maidenhead United.
Jens Berthel Askou and Michael Spillane each played 45 minutes as they continued their rehabilitation after injury in last night's reserve team defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Maidenhead United.
Their successful return represents a welcome boost for Canaries boss Paul Lambert ahead of Saturday's trip to Millwall, although neither is likely to feature at The New Den or at Brighton the following week. But by the time the Canaries return to Carrow Road, against Southampton later in the month, Lambert could be spoilt for choice as far as defenders are concerned.
Luke Oliver headed the home side in front after only two minutes and they almost doubled their lead on 10 minutes when a punch from City keeper Declan Rudd hit his own upright before being cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Almost all of City's promising moves involved Anthony McNamee, who sent in a series of good crosses. Danny Kelly was unlucky with a header that was scrambled off the line while Paul McVeigh should have better from another McNamee cross - his tame header being comfortably saved by former City Academy keeper Steve Arnold.
Spillane replaced Askou at the start of the second half and Josh Dawkin forced Arnold into a good save before, with 53 minutes gone, Matt Phillips sent in a right wing cross that Kadeen Harris fired past Rudd. Two minutes later McNamee's cross saw Kelly pull one back with a half volley beyond Arnold's reach. But the home side sealed the win on 78 minutes with Phillips again the provider with a cross headed in by Matt McClure.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
t Wycombe Res: Arnold, Cox, O'Regn, Montrose (McClure 68), Johnson (Harris 45), Oliver, Belcher, Wallace, Phillips, Fitchett, Schembre (Daly 45). Subs not used: Ingram, Federico.
t Norwich Res: Rudd, Francomb, Gordon, Askou (Spillane 45), Stephens, Adeyemi, McVeigh (Clarke 78), Gill, Kelly, Dawkin, McNamee. Subs not used: Lathrope, Oakley, Steer.