Wycombe Res 3, Norwich Res 1
John Landamore Jens Berthel Askou and Michael Spillane each played 45 minutes as they continued their rehabilitation after injury in last night's reserve team defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Maidenhead United.
Jens Berthel Askou and Michael Spillane each played 45 minutes as they continued their rehabilitation after injury in last night's reserve team defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Maidenhead United.
Their successful return represents a welcome boost for Canaries boss Paul Lambert ahead of Saturday's trip to Millwall, although neither is likely to feature at The New Den or at Brighton the following week. But by the time the Canaries return to Carrow Road, against Southampton later in the month, Lambert could be spoilt for choice as far as defenders are concerned.
Luke Oliver headed the home side in front after only two minutes and they almost doubled their lead on 10 minutes when a punch from City keeper Declan Rudd hit his own upright before being cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Almost all of City's promising moves involved Anthony McNamee, who sent in a series of good crosses. Danny Kelly was unlucky with a header that was scrambled off the line while Paul McVeigh should have better from another McNamee cross - his tame header being comfortably saved by former City Academy keeper Steve Arnold.
Spillane replaced Askou at the start of the second half and Josh Dawkin forced Arnold into a good save before, with 53 minutes gone, Matt Phillips sent in a right wing cross that Kadeen Harris fired past Rudd. Two minutes later McNamee's cross saw Kelly pull one back with a half volley beyond Arnold's reach. But the home side sealed the win on 78 minutes with Phillips again the provider with a cross headed in by Matt McClure.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
t Wycombe Res: Arnold, Cox, O'Regn, Montrose (McClure 68), Johnson (Harris 45), Oliver, Belcher, Wallace, Phillips, Fitchett, Schembre (Daly 45). Subs not used: Ingram, Federico.
t Norwich Res: Rudd, Francomb, Gordon, Askou (Spillane 45), Stephens, Adeyemi, McVeigh (Clarke 78), Gill, Kelly, Dawkin, McNamee. Subs not used: Lathrope, Oakley, Steer.