MATCHDAY RECAP: City move 10 points clear of third place with Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City moved 10 points clear of third place with a 2-0 victory over struggling Wycombe at Adams Park on Sunday lunchtime - and you can recap all the updates, analysis and reaction from our correspondents via our live matchday blog.
The Canaries made their position at the top of the Championship even more convincing with victory in Buckinghamshire courtesy of goals from Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah.
Wycombe were robust and obdurate in their approach, but City made their quality count by eventually carving out an opening goal after some fine work from Emi Buendia to find Pukki in the box. His effort deflected off Josh Knight and into the net.
Gareth Ainsworth felt his side should have had a penalty late on, and they pressed hard for an equaliser before Idah pounced towards the end to make the win more convincing.
Defeats for Swansea City and Watford on Saturday presented Daniel Farke's side with the chance to extend their lead over their promotion rivals with a victory, now they face a crunch promotion encounter against Brentford at Carrow Road on Wednesday.
- Recap the action via our matchday blog above
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 8 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?