Wymondham edge goal-filled game
Wymondham Ladies played their first game in weeks at Coltishall in what was a very close game, ending in a deserved win for the visitors 4-3.
The game started at a quick tempo and Wymondham were the brighter side, forcing the issue early on, but were unable to capitalise on their dominance.
However, Wymondham did make the breakthrough 10 minutes before the half-time whistle when a ball was played forward, brought down and played through by Woody and Parry for an advancing Louise whose attempt was blocked and Natalie Boulton was on hand to smash the rebound in for her first Wymondham goal.
Coltishall responded well and equalised after a great effort was parried and a Coltishall player slotted the ball away.
Things turned from bad to worse for Wymondham when the ball was won in midfield by Coltishall and played over the top of Wymondham’s defence. They doubled their advantage, making the half time score 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham again started the half quicker and equalised after Emma played the ball down the wing to Lois whose ball found Natalie Boulton. Her persistence paid off, beating Coltishall’s defence to play a ball to Helen Crisp to equalise.
This time, Wymondham continued to dominate and when Emma’s throw found its way back to her, she put the ball in the box. It somehow flew into the top corner of the net to give Wymondham the lead again, and Emma’s first career goal. Wymondham were really on top and things got better.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
Lois smashed the ball into the corner of the net from outside the penalty area, her second of the campaign.
Wymondham’s nerves were tested towards the end of the match when Coltishall pulled one back but Wymondham’s resilience, commitment and determination was top class and they were able to see the game out to secure the best start possible to 2011.
Player of the match was Natalie Boulton; her goal was taken well, she got an assist, she chased every ball down, and was Wymondham’s outstanding player on a day when so many players had fantastic games.