Wymondham get sweet revenge
Wymondham Ladies hosted Stalham, the only team to have beaten them in the last seven games - but it was Wymondham who got three points.
They dominated the game and played some very good football.
Wymondham started slowly and gradually came into the game, winning the ball in midfield and attacking well with good interplay all over the pitch.
Wymondham were dominating without really creating clear-cut chances, with Laura Parry having a shot blocked. Helen and Nat up front were causing problems, linking well with the midfield three of Laura, Rumble and Woody running the game with Louise running riot down the right wing and Lois putting in a solid shift on the left.
The defence of Emma, Emma and Becky coped well with what Stalham threw at them, directed well by Gemma in goal.
You may also want to watch:
The opening goal came when a ball was played through the middle of the park, Helen worked hard and went into a 50-50 with both Stalhams goalkeeper and defender and the ball broke where Helen reacted first to shift the ball away from a Stalham player before calmly slotting the ball into the corner of the net. Nat then had a chance but hit a post.
At half-time, Wymondham were told to keep the workrate high and keep the play positive and again dominated the half and were playing very well.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
Louise, whose crosses were dangerous all game, swung the ball towards the far post where it found itself flying into the back of the net, a deserved goal.
This allowed Wymondham to relax, having seen out a one goal lead last week, the two-goal cushion was welcomed!
With only seconds left, Laura Parry was caught by Stalham player in a 50-50. She managed to get off the pitch and after an assessment, an ambulance was called and this was the only negative of the day. The team wish Laura a speedy recovery and hope it’s not too serious.
POM: Louise Rout for an excellent game down the right, and scoring a goal.
Next up for Wymondham is Swanton away.